Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WEMP Free Alfredo Pasta!!!!


OK, so I was totally disappointed tonight. I made an AWESOME alfredo-style pasta dish for Derek that is really...REALLY good! And he wouldn't eat it. He did finally break down and enjoy a little of it, so I was slightly relieved! I think it turns out that he really just wanted to play with his trains, and wasn't interested in eating anything.

However, both the girls tried it (I made them regular mac and cheese) and they BOTH loved it and asked me to make it for them next time! :) So, I know it was good! LOL!

So, it's definitely a keeper! I'll be making this one weekly, I'm sure! It was simple and quick...and so tasty! You can't even tell it's WEMP Free!!!!!!

WEMP Free Alfredo Pasta Ingredients:
12 oz rice pasta (elbow/tube shape)
2 Tbsp Earth Balance soy butter
1/4 cup Rich's Coffee Rich
1/4 cup white cooking wine
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 - 1 tsp Italian seasoning
3 slices dairy-free mozzarella-style "cheese"
3 Tbsp pre-cooked bacon pieces (if desired)
dash salt, to taste
Directions:
1. Cook pasta, according to directions on package.
2. When pasta is finished cooking, pour into collinder and rinse. Put back in pot.
3. Turn heat back to medium, and add soy butter, coffee rich, white cooking wine, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Stir together. Break cheese into small pieces and add to pot, stirring until cheese melts. Toss bacon pieces in and stir. Add salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment