Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Own Thai Shrimp Creation


I started out with a recipe, but decided after I thawed the shrimp that it wasn't what I wanted...so I started over. And, this is what we got!
I wasn't sure at first but it turned out really good, and the kids all cleared their plates (Derek even ate 2!).

Thai Shrimp Linguini

Ingredients:
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbsp panang curry paste
1 1/2 cans coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 cup water, divided
1 pkg rice noodles
2 small green zucchinis, diced
1 small yellow squash, diced

Directions:
1. In large bowl, cover rice noodles in cold water for about 20-25 minutes to soften; drain.
2. In large skillet, combine coconut milk, curry paste, garlic, salt, and pepper. Heat over medium high heat until bubbly. Add shrimp and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until pink. Add drained, softened rice noodles, squash, and zucchini.
3. Add about 1/3 cup water and stir well. If sauce becomes too thick, add another 1/3 cup water. Continue cooking and adding water as needed, until shrimp are done, and veggies are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment