Friday, October 30, 2009

Crispy Tilapia


OK, so I now can't claim to hate fish...because I seem to LOVE tilapia!!!!
This was Chris' favorite so far...I love them all! Definitely will be making this one a LOT!!
It started off as a recipe I found online, but we completely changed it, so it's an Allport original! :-)

Ingredients:
2 lbs tilapia fillets, about 4
1/3 cup flour, for dusting fish
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup grated romano cheese
1/2 tsp red pepper
1 tsp sea salt
olive oil, to cover bottom of large pan

Directions:
1. Dust fillets with 1/3 cup of flour. (I didn't do this, but will try next time)
2. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, and red pepper on a plate.
3. Pour milk onto another plate.
4. Dip all floured fish into milk then breadcrumb mixture.
5. Heat oil medium-high in large pan.
6. Fry, turning after 2 minutes on each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment